top of page
Mon, Feb 20|
Annual General Meeting
Join our Board of Directors, Mentors, and Mentees for our Annual General Meeting.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Feb 20, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PST
About the event
Join us on February 20th, 2023 @ 6:00 PM PST via Zoom to reflect on our past year, network, and discuss the future of She Connects. All attendees will be entered in a prize draw for a gift card, with the winner being announced at the end of the meeting! We are excited to announce our list of panel speakers, each with a unique background and story of their experience with mentorship. Panel speakers:
- Karan Johar: Karan is the co-founder of the Glow Within Foundation, a non-profit with a mission to cultivate a community of confident feminine identifying individuals. Karan has first-hand experience with the power of mentorship, as she was 22 when she met her first mentor. Through her experience, she was inspired to pursue her passions and now aims to support womxn in the same way.
- Char Duffet: Char is a former mentor, and current Co-Director of Sustainability with She Connects. She is a Geologist with a special interest in gender equality and indigenous peoples relations in mining. In 2018, Char was the winner of the Young Mining Professionals Scholarship.
- Janan Lewars: Janan is a former mentee of the Girls on Boards program. Passionate about women empowerment and mentorship, when not working on go-to-market strategies, Janan focuses on supporting non-profits such as The Canadian Women's Foundation as an ex-officio board member, and Newcomers Women's Services as a former career coach. She is also a former Young Director art Fora: Network for Change. Janan likes to tell stories that are empowering, push people to think differently and create a positive impact.
- Adewunmi Ajike: Adewunmi is a former mentee of the Girls on Boards program, and is a Young Director at G(irls)20. At fifteen years old, Adewunmi discovered the world of Economics and was especially intrigued by how it could help her help people. Today, she is the Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Product Manager at Bell, and is always eager for opportunities to be present and involved in her community.
- Carmina Santos: Carmina was a mentee of the Girls on Boards program, and was also a Young Director at Fora: Network for Change. As a social entrepreneur and aspiring Nusr Scientist with a passion for fostering change in public healthcare, Carmina is working on a virtual health resource with a mission of providing community-centred healing for Filipino, Black, Indigenous and other racialized communities.
See you there!
bottom of page